Open until filled
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INTERN
$13.00 - 15.00/hour DOE
Expected duration: Summer Months (depends on availability)
Information Technology Intern Application (Word)
Information Technology Application (PDF)
The City of Camas is hiring for an Information Technology Intern. Under supervision of the Information Technology Director or delegated technical staff, the IT Intern assists IT staff to perform basic level technology support for the City. This position is full-time (40 hours/week), Monday-Friday, works the hours of 8am-5pm and is based at City Hall. The duration of the position will be during the summer months, depending on availability of the selected applicant.
Applicants should be enrolled as a full-time or part-time student at any degree level and be able to meet the following criteria:
• Ability to set up and configure new computers, work with employees to backup and transfer their data, replace older equipment, setup network printing, and install specialty desktop applications
• Assist with help-desk calls and basic end-user technical support
• Assist technology staff with special technology projects and other work as assigned
• Ability to tag inventory and enter inventory information into the technology asset inventory system
• Must be a self-motivated learner, organized and detail oriented with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team-based environment
Experience and education preferred:
• College student majoring in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline
• Course work completed in Windows 7 or Windows 10, and other computer operating system courses (in combination with experience strongly preferred)
• General networking knowledge
• Must demonstrate ability to install and configure windows computers and other peripherals
• Experience with desktop support or technology helpdesk strongly preferred
• General knowledge of Windows 7/Windows 10, MSOffice, and desktop applications
Typical office environment with lifting up to 40 pounds. May be sitting for prolonged periods of time. Must have visual acuity to read computer screens. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Candidates must submit a City application to be considered for the position. Cover letters, resumes and other application materials may be submitted with the application.
This announcement is meant only as a general descriptive recruitment guide. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract and is not a complete description of the job. The City of Camas is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted March 27, 2019