ABOUT PUBLIC RECORDS:
Agencies have a duty to provide access to public records unless a statutory exemption applies, either in the Public Records Act or other statutes.
You may come into the Police Department during business hours M-F, 9 am-5 pm, excluding legal holidays. If you are out of state or unable to come in person you may make a request by phone, FAX, email or mail addressed to the Public Records Officer per WAC 44-14-030006.
TO OBTAIN A REQUEST FORM:
The request form is located on the City of Camas website. Go to the Police Dept. page, click on the Administration tab on the left side and you will find a link to the form. The form is also available at the Police Department, in the front office, during regular business hours. You can come into our office to obtain a copy or we can email or fax a copy to you.
HOW TO COMPLETE A REQUEST FORM:
Requestor Information section:
- Current date
- Your name (please print)
- Your current home and/or mailing address
- Contact phone number (s)
- Email Address
Type of record(s) being requested section:
- Indicate the specific type of record you are requesting.
- Be specific as to the type of incident, date of the incident, name(s) of parties involved, and location where incident occurred.
- The information you provide is used to search our records and complete your request.
Request for section:
- Mark appropriate action you are requesting– copy or inspection of records.
- Designate by initialing next to the method you would like to receive your completed request—pick up when ready or receive by mail.
- Requestor sign and date completed form.
- If you are out of state or unable to come in person, requests may be taken by phone, FAX, email or mail addressed to the Public Records Officer per WAC 44-14-030006.
- Turn in completed request form at the police department during regular business hours, M-F, 9am-5 pm.
- Our agency has (5) business days to respond to you that it is processing your request by either making the request available, sending a letter that will be forwarded to you via U.S. mail, contacting you by phone or email.
- If your request is not going to be completed within 5 days or is being denied you will receive correspondence advising you of the proposed timeline to complete your request or the reason for delay/denial. In addition, the record you receive may be subject to redaction of qualified exempt information based upon current statutes.
- A fee may be applied to released records based upon Camas City Resolution 16-019. Fee schedule information available upon request.
- Our goal is to complete requests in the order they are received and to complete them as soon as possible. The volume of requests we receive and size of each request effect completion times.
There is no single index of City records. The City of Camas has determined by formal order that maintaining a central index of City records is unduly burdensome, costly, and would interfere with City operations due to the number and complexity of records generated as a result of the wide range of City activities.
SEND ALL CORRESPONDENCE TO:
PUBLIC RECORDS OFFICER
CAMAS POLICE DEPARTMENT
2100 N.E. THIRD AVENUE
CAMAS, WA 98607
For more information contact the
Public Records Officer:
Chief Mitch Lackey at (360)834-4151
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax at (360)834-0505
Business Office Hours Monday-Friday
0900 AM - 0500 PM
EXCLUDING LEGAL HOLIDAYS
REFERENCE MATERIALS AVAILABLE:
- RCW 42.56 Public Records (A copy is available at the police department for your inspection/guidance)
- WAC44-14 Public Records Act - Model Rules (A copy is available at the police department for your inspection/guidance)