Code Enforcement is under the jurisdiction of the Camas Police Department.
Code Enforcement responds to many code complaints/violations within the City. The following is a quick list to assist you in recognizing the responsibilities of Code Enforcement. If you do not find your issue on the list, please feel free to contact Code Enforcement.
(360) 834-0505 fax
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday to Friday, excluding holidays
Common Enforcement Topics:
- Health Hazards
- Raw sewage, garbage, unsanitary conditions
- Dangerous, Vacant, Abandoned, and Derelict Buildings
- General Nuisances
- Exterior Property Maintenance Violations
- Missing Building Numbers, Unsafe Fences, Roof Tarps
- Tall Grass and Weed Abatement
- Excessive Garage Sales
- Junk Vehicles on Private Property
- Solid Waste and Junk accumulated on Private Property
- Land Use and Zoning Violations
- Home Occupation Violations
- Vehicles, Boats, RV's parked in Required Yards
- Fences, Walls, Hedges
- Unsafe Sidewalks
- Debris and Mud in Roadway
- Basketball Hoops in Right of Way
- Vision Clearance Obstructions
- Littering/Illegal Dumping
To file a Code Enforcement Request please click the link below:
The primary focus of a Code Enforcement Officer (CEO) is community preservation and support. It is the duty of a CEO to investigate all potential violations of municipal codes, ordinances and regulations and to provide enforcement against those violations.
These codes, ordinances and regulations include, but are not limited to health hazards, dangerous and abandoned buildings, exterior property maintenance, overgrown vegetation, junk vehicles, right-of-way clearance and general nuisances.
It is the ultimate goal of a CEO to ensure the overall health and safety of city residents. We strive to make the City of Camas a nuisance and hazard free zone, as well as one of the best places to call home.