Term: January 1, 2018 - December 31, 2021
Melissa Smith was appointed by Council to the position of Ward 1 in 2004 and was elected in November 2005 for a four-year term. Melissa was re-elected for her fourth term beginning January 1, 2018, through December 31, 2021.
In the past, Melissa has served on the Critical Areas Ordinance Committee, Finance Committee, East County Fire Authority Consolidation Committee, Community Center Short Range Planning Committee, Parks and Recreation Commission Comprehensive Plan Update Committee, Interview/Selection Committee for the new Fire Chief, Tree Preservation Committee, the Port of Camas-Washougal, and also served as the liaison for the United Camas Association of Neighborhoods (UCAN), liaison for the Planning Commission and alternate liaison to the Library Board.
Melissa has been appointed to the following committees for 2020:
- C-TRAN, Alternate Liaison
- Camas-Washougal Chamber of Commerce, Liaison
- Design Review Committee, Liaison
- LEOFF Disability Board, Liaison
- Parks & Recreation Commission, Liaison
- Regional Transportation Council (RTC), Alternate Liaison
Melissa also served as Mayor Pro-tem in 2009.