- Camas Housing Action Plan
- North Shore Subarea Plan
Camas Housing Action Plan
The City of Camas is creating a Housing Action Plan to encourage housing diversity, affordability, and access to opportunity for people of all incomes. It is being funded through a grant from the Washington State Department of Commerce. To learn more about the plan, visit the website: Let’s Talk Camas Housing. To learn more about the state's housing program and grants, click here to see their Housing Planning guidance.
The goal of this plan is to help the community achieve a greater variety of housing types and costs to better meet the needs of individuals and families. The Housing Action Plan will:
- Rely on thorough data and an inclusive public participation process to understand current and future housing needs.
- Assess existing housing resources and policies and identify ways to build on or improve them.
- Outline specific strategies the City of Camas plans to take to meet the community's housing needs over the next ten years and beyond.
- Further the city's comprehensive plan housing goals and be adopted by City Council.
Camas North Shore Subarea Planning Project (updated 10/07/2020)
- Phase 1: August 2019 to August 2020
City Council adopted a Vision Statement (link) for the North Shore Subarea Plan (Res. 20-010) at their meeting on September 21, 2020.
- Phase 2: (2021) This phase will utilize the approved Vision Statement as a guide for developing the Subarea Plan. The subarea plan will include (in brief) roadway alignment, unique zoning regulations, and development standards.
Summary: The City of Camas has launched an effort to plan the future of the North Shore area. The subarea plan will answer two questions: What will the North Shore area be in 20 years and what is the path to get there?
The North Shore Subarea is generally bounded by Lacamas Lake to the south, the city limits to the north, Northeast 232nd Avenue to the west, and Everett Street to the east. The plan area will include the North Shore area that was annexed into the city in 2008, as well as the Bridge Village area that includes existing commercial and residential land on either side of Everett Street north of the bridge. Current zoning was put in place in 2012.
The North Shore Subarea Plan will include a community vision, conceptual road alignment, land use designations and a projection for future jobs and housing.
You may follow the project at the Camas North Shore website for up-to-date information on upcoming meetings or drafts to review. You can also sign up to receive email updates by sending any email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To date, the City hosted information tables at high school open houses and at the farmers market, conducted two online surveys, piloted a high school visioning exercise, and held two public meetings - a Community Forum and a Visioning Workshop. We met with individual property owners and other stakeholders for one-on-one interviews. Both the Planning Commission and City Council held workshops and public meetings in August and September. Recordings of those meetings are available at: https://www.cityofcamas.us/yourgovernment/minuteagendavideo
Project Website: www.camasnorthshore.com
Contact: Sarah Fox, Senior Planner email@example.com