Welcome to the City of Camas Building Division.
Effective March 26th through April 7, 2020 or as extended by Governor’s Order – Access to Community Development (permits, planning/development engineering and inspections):
- Applications and plan submittals that relate to essential facilities or for emergency repairs and projects that ensure structural integrity for residential structures in compliance with the Governor's proclamation will be accepted by appointment only.
- Questions as to whether or not your company qualifies as essential contact; email@example.com
- All other building permits or planning reviews may be sent via mail or electronically when allowed. Plans will be reviewed within established timeframes.
- ONLY permits that are related to essential facilities
- For general Building questions or appointments please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For general Engineering questions or appointments please contact: email@example.com
- For general Planning questions or appointments please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ONLY inspections that are related to essential facilitiesInspections will be restricted to unoccupied structures. Buildings and structures must be completely vacant prior to inspections taking place. For questions regarding inspections please contact email@example.com.
The purpose of the Building Division is to promote the general health, safety, and welfare of the citizens of Camas. We are committed in assisting developers and builders in creating homes and businesses that provides a safe and liveable environment. We ensure that state and local codes are followed in order to enhance the quality of life and preserve the natural environment for current and future generations.
Friendly customer service is our goal here at the Camas Building Division. We pride ourselves on being a One Stop Shop where you can get all of your construction related questions answered. Our service begins with the initial submittal process to building permits and fee schedules, from water meters and storm sewers to small projects and multi-story commercial developments; we strive on providing you with concise accurate information.
The Building Division ensures that all new construction conforms to the International Building Code and to the Uniform Plumbing Code as adopted by the State of Washington. City staff works together with architects, engineers, and contractors to assure that a project is successful and well built.
Our staff works closely with other departments regarding addressing, utilities, land use, and safety concerns.
360.834.8860 - Inspection Line
Call our 24-hour inspection line to schedule an inspection of your project. All inspections must be made through this system. Inspection requests called into the inspection line prior to 6:00 a.m., will be made the same day.
We believe in "building a better community"