Load Full Menu

General Encroachment Permits are required for all work in the right-of-way (ROW), including the following activities:

“… dig, break, excavate, use, occupy, tunnel, undermine or in any way obstruct or disturb any street, alley, sidewalk, highway, thoroughfare or other public place, or to fill, place, leave or deposit in or upon any such public street, highway, alley, thoroughfare, sidewalk or public place any article, material or thing whatsoever tending to encroach upon or to obstruct, disturb or interfere with the free use of the same, or to place, erect or maintain any structure, including curbs, gutters, sidewalks, driveways, paving, valley gutters, or sidewalk fronting strips in any city right-of-way …” CMC 12.12.010

To obtain a General Encroachment Permit:

  1. Read the General Encroachment Permit Form Instructions
  2. Assemble the required information:
      1. Project Plans or Sketch
      2. Traffic Control Plan (TCP), if applicable
      3. Estimate of work and materials, including traffic control
      4. Complete the General Encroachment Permit Form, as noted in #3, and return to permits@cityofcamas.us
  3. General Encroachment Permit Form Double Sided
      1. Read and initial the ‘Erosion Sediment Control / Construction Debris Cleanup & Disposal’ and the ‘Indemnification & Hold Harmless Agreement’ documents on backside of Encroachment permit form.
      2. Submit the form and required information to: City of Camas Attn: Building Dept. Permit Desk 616 NE 4th Avenue, Camas, WA  98607 Or via Email: permits@cityofcamas.us
      3. For additional information please contact the Permit Desk: Phone: (360) 817-1568 or Email: permits@cityofcamas.us

The City will review your application, work with you to verify engineering feasibility, and calculate the permit fee(s) required.


Latest News More News
My Camas
Go to top