Application deadline: 5pm, November 27, 2019
OFFENDER CREW LEADER
Approximately 24 hours/week Monday-Saturday (schedule rotates)
$23.26-25.56/hour starting salary
The City is seeking an Offender Crew Leader. The Crew Leader will train, motivate offenders toward work ethics and positive community behaviors while they are fulfilling their obligation to society and the courts and will supervise offender crews performing community service work on City and other public service projects. This position exercises direct supervision over offender work crew members only. The position is represented by the CPEA bargaining unit, reports to the Police Department Administrative Sergeant and is based out of the Police Department and Public Works Operations Center. This position is eligible for pro-rated benefits.
The ideal candidate shall possess the following:
• Education equivalent to two years of accredited post-secondary education or training in Criminal Justice or a related field.
• Five years experience in the criminal justice system involving direct supervisory capacity; OR five years employment as a law enforcement or custody officer; OR two years employment performing duties in a similar position, i.e. work or offender crew leader.
• Possession of an appropriate, valid driver’s license. Will be required to drive a van with an attached trailer regularly.
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, First Aid Certification.
• Ability to pass an extensive history screening process, including a background, drug screen and polygraph examination.
Emphasis will be given to candidates with law enforcement or corrections experience.
The person in this position will fill in for the Court Security Officer and when fulfilling those duties would need to have the ability to carry and use a firearm and other defensive weapons through proper training.
In addition to the job description requirements, the preferred candidate will possess the following attributes: positive attitude, ability to take initiative, excellent customer service skills and good verbal and written communication.
Interview and/or testing will be conducted to confirm qualifications. Offer of employment will be contingent on passing extensive background check, physical, drug screen and polygraph.
Candidates must submit a City application to be considered for the position.
This announcement is meant only as a general descriptive recruitment guide. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract and is not a complete description of the job. The City of Camas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted November 6, 2019