Concealed Pistol Licenses will be issued in accordance with Washington State Law (RCW 09.41.070).
• APPLICATIONS are handled by records personnel and are available anytime during regular business hours Monday through Friday 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. (excluding holidays).
• FINGERPRINTS are required for original applications and are taken only on Wednesdays between 1:30 P.M. and 4:30 P.M. (excluding holidays), once application is received and payment has been collected.
• PROCESSING TIME for applications is up to 30 days and the license will be mailed to your mailing address; however, if the applicant does not have a valid permanent Washington driver's license or Washington state identification card or has not been a resident of the state for the previous consecutive ninety days, the issuing authoriy shall have up to sixty days after the filing of the application to issue a license. It will be the applicant’s responsibility to contact this agency for disposition of application. Call 360-834-4151.
• LICENSE renewals or replacements will be processed during regular business hours Monday through Friday 9:00 A.M to 5:00 P.M. (excluding holidays).
• All applicants are required to complete an application form.
• Fees for Concealed Pistol Licenses:
FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND DUE AT TIME OF APPLICATION
Late Renewal $42.00
Licenses are valid for 5 years from date of issue. It is the APPLICANTS’ responsibility to renew the license; there will not be a notification of expiration mailed.
RENEWALS can be issued 90 days prior to renewal date.
LATE RENEWALS can be issued up to 90 days after expiration date of license. Late renewal fees will be charged from the day after the expiration date listed on the license. Any licensee whose license is expired over 90 days will need to make an original application and pay original application fees.
If your address changes, you may apply for a replacement license, but this is not required.
Your application can be denied if:
You have a concealed pistol license in a revoked status
You are under 21 years of age
You are subject to a court order or injunction concerning the possession of firearms
You are free on bond or personal recognizance pending trial, appeal, or sentencing for a felony offense
You have an outstanding warrant for your arrest from any court of competent jurisdiction for a felony or misdemeanor
You have been ordered to forfeit a firearm within one year before filing a concealed pistol license application